Friday, February 17, 2012

G025 Georgene Huggett -Red Star - Zig Zag

Zig Zag and Feathers on Red Star Quilt

Now that I have all my Circlelord Templates traced onto clear sheet protectors like Ardelle instructed us for pantos http://apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=25615&page=1#pid321254) I can now lay a design over the quilt for the customer to visualize. It's been very surprising how the plain Zig Zag has gained in popularity since I've been doing this. Who'd a thunk it.

So, this red star quilt was stitched with the plain Zig Zag in the body of the quilt and freehand feathers on the border. On the sides of the quilt, I used my channel locks when stopping at the border and travelling down to the next zig zag groove.

When I got to the bottom of the quilt body, it called for a partial zig zag. So I used my CL push button thingy to stitch and travel from one zig to the next. You'll see an example of this in the last picture.